Saturday, November 17, 2007

The Infertility Stuff, Part 9

The next surgery I would have to have was a laparatomy. At one point, someone referred to it as an "open abdomen" surgery. Basically, it would require about a 4-6 inch incision and the doctor would go in to remove all of the endometriosis, and also use the ovarian wedge resection procedure to take care of the PCOS. They were scheduling surgeries 4-5 months out, but those were not times that I would be able to take time off work. So, originally, my surgery was scheduled for . . . actually, this coming Monday! But in the summer I received a call from the Pope Paul VI Institute, which I assumed was going to be to confirm the surgery date. When I answered, the nurse said that there had been a cancellation for a date three weeks away! I jumped at the chance. So, we were looking at another trip to Omaha within a couple of months after the laparascopy.

No comments:

 

Made by Lena