Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tagged and Delinquent

OK, so kcmarie122 tagged me . . . oh . . . more than a month ago! I am now just hideously delinquent! I'm finally doing it now, which makes me feel a little bit better, though Jen tagged me even longer ago, so I'll still be terribly delinquent after this . . . but I'm planning to come back tomorrow and do that one, too!

1. Why did you start your blog?

I started reading blogs a little more than a year ago. The first blog I came across that dealt with infertility from a Catholic perspective was Arwen's blog, and it was such a help to me! From there, I started reading other blogs, too, like Maggie's and Jen's (Perfect Work . . . I didn't work up the nerve to e-mail her when she went password-protected, but hers was another blog that was really helpful to me). At the time, I was getting ready to have my first surgery at the Pope Paul VI Institute, and I couldn't find any blogs out there of someone who had gone that route. (I'm not saying there weren't any out there, I just didn't know about them! I didn't know about Lost and Found, either, until I suddenly started getting comments in November!) So, I hoped that maybe writing about my experience might be helpful to someone else.

2. How did you come up with your blog name?

I wanted a title that was hopeful and reflected something about having faith in the midst of infertility. I like the hymn "We Walk By Faith," but that title itself felt a bit too direct, not to mention being a bit much to live up to! :) So, I went with the next phrase "and not by sight" (actually, it was just going to be "not by sight" but there were multiple blogs out there with that name).

3. Do your friends and family know about your blog and what do they think?

Umm . . . not that I know of. Mr. X knows, but when I wanted to show him how the picture of cookies looked last night, I had to remind him what my blog address is! :) He thinks it's a great thing and wants me to be able to say whatever I want (which may be why he doesn't read it all the time). I'm sort of torn about telling people about it. Not many people know about our infertility issues.

4. How do you write posts?

I usually just sit down and write in a stream-of-consciousness kind of way . . . with mixed results, of course. This summer, I'm hoping to post more, comment more, and put some more thought into it.

5. Have you ever had a troll or had to delete unkind comments?

No, everyone's been very nice so far!

6. Do you check your stats or care how many people read your blog? If so, how do you increase traffic?

I haven't figured out how to do that yet! Of course, I love to get comments, but I haven't focused so much on getting a ton of readers. Besides, the people who do read my blog are great, so they more than make up in quality what I'm lacking in quantity! Seriously, the support you have given me has really made a difference for me.

I don't know who hasn't done this one . . . I may update later to tag you if I see that you haven't been tagged yet . . .

2 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

I've been tagged three times for things since I moved and I haven't done any of them!

Stat counters are fun! I have one on my blog. If you go to my site and go all the way down to the bottom of the page, there is a little counter down there. If you click on that, it will take you to a site that will let you put a stat counter on your own blog. It's pretty easy, actually.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I'm not sure why I get included with St. Arwen and St. Jen, but thanks! (Jen has a new not-password-protected site: piercework.typepad.com, but she hasn't updated in forever. Perhaps I will go bug her about that.)

 

Made by Lena