Friday, January 11, 2008

So far so good

I got my second HCG test results today, and it was 1320--so, according to betabase, the doubling time is 66.61 hours. That's sounding good, thank God!

Mr. X learned how to give me progesterone injections today, and my doctor's assistant (who is also great) gave me a flu shot, too. That makes my right arm the only appendage without a band-aid.

And, in other news, I am completely unable to concentrate on anything else. :)

Last night, I was totally exhausted after being awake for only twelve hours. And, as soon as my head hit the pillow, I was wide awake again. I listened to Mr. X snore (in a cute way, of course) and Wonderdog bark in her sleep, wondering why I was the only one still awake. Weird.

I set up an appointment for an ultrasound, but the earliest appointment I could get that we could both make it to isn't for two weeks. (I asked Mr. X if he wanted to come, and he said "What, our kid's first picture? Why would I want to be there?" So, silly question.) My doctor and the HCG results have me calmer about the ectopic question, so I think I'm good with waiting for two weeks. And now that allyouwhohope sent me a link to a good St. Gianna novena (thank you!), I've got more praying to do in the meantime! And then there's catching up on work, and learning my music, and reading those pregnancy books (though they keep scaring me, so I have to put them down!), and figuring out how to eat more (OK, the eating more part isn't the problem, it's the grocery shopping and cooking parts) and healthier food . . . so, I guess I've got my work cut out for me!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena