Monday, January 7, 2008

Nervous

So . . . I'm leaving in half an hour to go to my doctor's office. For a pregnancy test. I'm so nervous!!! I'm at peak+18 today (meaning an 18-day luteal phase). My first diagnosis was late luteal phase deficiency, so I never have a long luteal phase. Because I take HCG injections (last one was on peak+9), the nurse told me on Friday not to take a home pregnancy test if I didn't get my period over the weekend. She said it would always be positive, and I don't think I could take a false positive!

So, instead, I spent the weekend obsessing about it! OK, not really. We went to a movie, went to mass, got a lot of things done around the house, but every little twinge had me overanalyzing everything (was that a cramp? is my period starting? do I just have to go to the bathroom?). And I looked at my charts a million times. I figured this out: I've had 14 cycles with HCG injections post-peak in which all the injections were done on time (there have been three more with something off in the timing). Of those, I've had a 13-day luteal phase 10 times, a 12-day luteal phase 3 times, and one 14-day luteal phase. Statistically speaking, something's definitely going on! But my progesterone was high at peak+7 (not the highest it's ever been, but still high), and I don't know too much about whether femara has any effects on luteal phase length. I'm actually shaking, and I'm afraid I might cry at the blood draw! Fortunately, I'm going to my regular doctor's office, and I really like him and his staff, so I know they'll be kind. So, I'm going to try to calm down and get ready to go!

No comments:

 

Made by Lena