Thursday, March 6, 2008

CD 1? Seriously?

Well, I guess that it's a good thing I thought about that whole "moving forward" thing yesterday, because today my new cycle started. I called for my cycle review, and it turns out that my progesterone (at Peak + 7) was 7. 7! And I had an 8-day luteal phase. Bummer. Of course, this cycle I had no hCG injections, and my luteal phases were short (but only rarely as short as 8 days) before the injections--which I started about a year and a half ago! I hope that when I talk to the nurse tomorrow, she'll be able to tell me a bit more about what's going on (I was too swamped at work to think of questions to ask when I talked to her today). But I'm worried that the low progesterone and short cycle mean that (a) the PCOS is still just as bad as it was before the surgery, and/or (b) I didn't ovulate. I'm probably more worried about ovulation, since that was one problem I thought I didn't have! And I'm probably reading way too much into just one cycle--especially the first cycle after a miscarriage. So, I guess I'll wait and see what I can find out tomorrow!

3 comments:

HereWeGoAJen said...

My cycles have been all weird lately too. And I have had what ended up being false start day ones. Just a tiny bit of bleeding and then nothing again for days. But enough to make me think I was starting. Extra weird.

Karey said...

My luteal phase was eight days last cycle too. Let me know if you find out why that might have happened. They didn't really address it in my cycle review, and of course I forgot to ask.

Fat Girl said...

Try not to worry too much. My OB told me (after my 1st m/c) that it can take your body 2 complete cycles to get back on track after a m/c. Sometimes your ovaries aren't quite ready to work right away. Also, most women have a month periodically that is annovulatory. It is not unusual at all, even for fertile women.

 

Made by Lena