Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Sewing Machine!

This weekend, we bought a sewing machine! I'm so excited. We got it for $25 on c*r.a*i.g's l*i.s*t. I haven't done any sewing in about 10 years, partially because I haven't had a sewing machine. It's very basic, but I don't need anything fancy right now. If I really get into it, then I can always look for something more complicated later on.

I'm looking forward to making some baby gifts this summer! I took up crocheting a few years ago, and I love it, but I think that sewing will be quite a bit quicker than the crocheted blankets and stuffed animals I've been making for baby gifts. We have a new niece or nephew coming in a couple of months (and a couple of friends' babies who have been on my crocheted-gift list for too long), so I'd better get on that gift pretty soon.

Our other fun thing this weekend was going to a town nearby with hot springs. I'm at Peak + 11 today, so we went in the pool that was at 97 degrees, not in the hot baths that were above 100. We also went in the mud room, which was a hoot. We were in a little room with windows, so it was funny to see people peeking in at us from the pool as we sat there all mud-caked in our bathing suits while we dried.

I have two memes that I really should do! Oh my gosh, I don't even want to think about how long it's been since I was tagged. I'll try to come back later this week and take care of those!

2 comments:

Karey said...

Yay for the sewing machine! You know you have to post pictures of what you make, right? I can't wait to see them and get ideas!

HereWeGoAJen said...

I love my sewing machine! I don't use it that often, but when I need it, I need it. :)

 

Made by Lena