Sunday, November 2, 2008

Status Report

I really had no hope at all for this cycle. But I figured that posting about it would surely bring on my period, right? :)

I'm just having weird stuff going on, though. And, of course, weird stuff has my mind racing.

Thank goodness this blog is reasonably anonymous . . . right?

So, current symptoms: I've got what I believe is my first-ever yeast infection. Oh. My. Goodness. Really not fun. I had no idea. And then, when I looked up the symptoms and treatment, I found out they're much more likely during pregnancy.

Today is P+13, so I was expecting my period to start tomorrow. But, just in case, I took my temperature this morning to see where things were. The basal thermometer's battery died halfway through, and it said 98.5. But who knows how accurate that is? I dug around and found a fever thermometer, and it was 98.1. So, great! No period today, right? I got up and went to the bathroom . . . and I was spotting. And I've been spotting all day--mostly brown. I have never had brown spotting before my period. Could the infection be contributing to that?

But, of course, I started thinking . . . hmm . . . spotting . . . that could be a pregnancy symptom, too, right?

I've been really tired and run-down lately (which I am, of course, interpreting in a new light now). But I could be coming down with something, and these could all be nasty symptoms of some bug that I have messing with my head. I'll know soon enough. If this is the start of my period, it would have been really nice if it started in textbook fashion! I really would have been fine with things just going along normally!

(I also forgot to mail back the questionnaire I got from PPVI on adrenal function. Darn it! If I have to call for my cycle review tomorrow, I'll see if I can fax it in. I would so hate to be a month behind in treatment because I forgot to send in the darn questionnaire in time.)

I'll try to write a post later in the week about the two awesome homilies I heard today, but for now, I must sleep!

4 comments:

LifeHopes said...

Oh, I am getting excited for you!!!

Please, please, don't leave us hanging .. keep us in the loop!

Karey said...

Wow! I hope you have good news soon!

Spotting is typical for me, so NOT spotting is my good sign. I hope the opposite works in your favor! Different is good!

And ya, I had a yeast inf. years ago and I had exact the same response as you - I could not BELIEVE it was what it was. I thought I was going to lose my mind!

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

I have a lot of hope for you!!

a thorn in the pew said...

I had yeast inf. with 2 of my pregnancies. Hmmm... There is def something to this.

 

Made by Lena