Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Still waiting

I went in for a test today . . . and have to wait until tomorrow for the results! I was a total pain (I was pleasant, of course, but asked a million questions), but my doctor's staff is too nice to tell me so to my face. :) The doctor's assistant did a blood draw for hCG (to be tested locally) and progesterone (to be sent to Omaha), and then gave me two big progesterone injections in my "hips" (though I say that those are NOT my hips) just in case. I asked the doctor if there was any chance of getting results sooner, and he told me (in a nice way) that they'd be in tomorrow and it's a good time to practice patience. :) I'm OK with waiting now that I've had the shots, because I know they've done everything they can possibly do at this point!

So, random (non political) election story from yesterday--as I said, Mr. X and I are mail-in voters (who drop off our mail-in ballots in person on election day because it takes us forever to figure out all the local stuff on the ballot). We almost finished looking up judges and amendments Monday night, and just had a couple more to check on Tuesday. I had a big opera rehearsal last night (and, oh, it was nice to be doing that instead of watching election returns--it was bad enough to hear periodic announcements backstage), so I would have to drop off my ballot on my way to the office.

After Mr. X left for work, I went to pick up my ballot from the dining room table, and saw that it was his ballot . . . with his name printed on the envelope . . . which needed a matching signature. Which also meant that he had MY envelope, 45 minutes away at his office, and he was in an all-day meeting. It wouldn't have been such a big deal except that I'd be gone by the time he got home from work, and he needed to get a replacement ballot because he made a mistake on his original ballot. . . which I figured would be much harder if he showed up at the polling place with an original ballot with my name printed on it. So, I had an extra hour and a half round-trip drive yesterday getting that straightened out. But we both voted in the end!


Hafsa said...

Phew! I was worried you didn't get to vote in time. At least you did. Not so sure if the results were what you wanted.

Jen said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you until you get your results!

allyouwhohope said...

So did you test at home too? And is there any other foreseeable reason why you'd be late? (I've just read of some medications causing it for some women so I wasn't sure if you had reason to be cautious). You must be freaking out! I'm praying for you!

LifeHopes said...

Oh my goodness!

I am really hoping for some good news on this blog tomorrow!!!

We are all trying so hard to be patient here!!!

Good job on voting and doing all that driving!

andnotbysight said...

Thanks, you guys!! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), I can't test at home because the hCG injections I take would cause a false positive. I don't know of anything else that would cause me to be so late--no new medications or anything. So, we'll see tomorrow!

This_Cross_I_Embrace said...

Test with FMU tomorrow am!!! By P+17, the hcg from the injections will definately be out of your system... and hpts aren't all that sensitive anyway (don't worry, I got the only world's most sensitive hpt on the market last January, lol!) TEST!!! I will NOT be practicing patience about this!


Made by Lena