Sunday, January 4, 2009

Time Management Issues? Maybe?

Hmm. So, do you think I need to revisit my time management issues? My problem is that I always think I can pack more into the time I have and that I can do some things really fast if I have to. And I've been doing this for . . . well, at least 20 years now. It makes me late, too.

Here's a case in point. I sang at mass this morning, and Mr. X is on his way to mass at the cathedral tonight. I'm going to head up there to join him if our friends decide to go out afterward. Here's what I have planned for the 2 hours until he calls me at the end of mass:
  • Go to 7-11 and buy a Sunday paper.
  • Clip coupons (read Sew Infertile's post about the Grocery Game, got all excited about it, and signed up)
  • Call two of my best friends to announce pregnancy
  • Make 1 1/2 batches of cookie dough to start cookies for neighbors we've been meaning to bake all weekend and bake at least the first 2 dozen cookies (can only bake 2 dozen at a time--total to be baked is 6 dozen)
  • Organize address list and pull out Christmas cards (yes, you read that right, and Christmas isn't officially over yet) so we can work on them when we get home
  • Spend 15 minutes filing paperwork (new habit we're trying to establish)
  • Keep laundry going (to make sure Mr. X has the clothes he needs for tomorrow's business trip--boo for business trips, but yay for working in this economy)
  • I also bought yarn and a baby crochet book yesterday (soooo excited to be making something for my own baby, which I couldn't bring myself to do before this). Maybe I can start that blanket?
I'm officially crazy, right? I'll post later with what I've actually accomplished so that maybe I'll learn something from this. In the meantime, he's been gone for 20 minutes, so make that an hour and 40 minutes--here I go to 7-11!

3 comments:

JellyBelly said...

that's a very impressive list!

i can't believe that you're planning to bake cookies on top of all that activity!

Vent-ilation said...

LOL! That sounds just like me. Glad to hear I'm not alone!

a thorn in the pew said...

You are trying the socially responsible route to life(many people don't these days) and life becomes more involved. Things will change after baby, look at it that way...you can do things and have social plans at this point. God bless. Keeping you in my prayers.

 

Made by Lena