Tuesday, December 30, 2008

It's a Baby!

I was getting ready to go to the ultrasound yesterday, and Mr. X asked if I wanted him to put the cookies in the oven while I was gone. I said "I thought you were coming with me!" He was surprised, but happy to come. (We had both gotten very little sleep that night due to my nasty cold--more about that another day--so neither of us was at the top of our game. And clearly I'm still not, since I had to edit this post twice before the first sentence made any sense.) It was really funny--I think he didn't realize how much the baby looks like a baby now, and he had to be at work when I came in for the first ultrasound. He was so excited once we saw the baby on the monitor!

So, here are a few of the pictures! When we started, we could see the baby in profile (head to the right, looking up):


And then the baby turned and we got a front view--again, head to the right, and you can see the little hands, belly, and feet pretty well in this one:



I think we have a little ham on our hands, already looking into the camera and waving! You can see how much the left hand was moving in this one:


I think I need to come up with a nickname. Saying "the baby" all the time gets a bit awkward. I'm starting to wrap my head around the idea that this is really happening!

10 comments:

Amy @ This Cross I Embrace said...

Of course it's really happening!! You're preggers! With a BABY!
And what a darling little baby it is :) What a wonderful experience that must have been for you and Mr X.
TFS the pics!

Becky said...

Thanks for the great pictures, how cute!! and yes it's real, as hard as it is to believe!!

Beth said...

Congratulations!! The little one is so beautiful and perfectly made :)

Madeleine's nickname was "Snack" and this one's "Six." Goes with our last name :)

Also we named Madeleine pretty soon after our "girl" u/s so we started calling her that in our house (we didn't tell anyone the name last time). This time we're having more trouble naming this boy! So he's still Six for now.

Fight The Good Fight of Faith said...

What a beautiful sight!!

a thorn in the pew said...

Aw, how cool. Thank you for sharing. I needed to read and see some good things today. God bless.

Sew said...

Perfection!

Vent-ilation said...

Wow! That is a little person in you!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!
-Cathy

Life In Mazes said...

God really does some fine work! I am so happy you were able to see your baby so clearly, what a whirlwind the next few months will be for you and Mr. X. Enjoy every bit of it! Prayers are with you and your growing family!

McKinney Furniture Cleaning said...

Thankk you for sharing this

 

Made by Lena