Friday, July 23, 2010

A Year Ago . . .

One year ago right now, I was in labor, into the fourth hour of pushing. Everyone thought her birthday would be the 23rd--the nurse finally had to call and have her wristbands rewritten just about now. I've frosted the cupcakes, plugged in the camera battery, washed and hung her little birthday outfit to dry, saved a photo post for tomorrow, and it's time for me to get some sleep. Her birthday gift (this doll, but in a red dress) probably won't arrive tomorrow, since I only ordered it on Wednesday night, but that's OK. I just hope her molars give her a break and she has a happy day!

We're going to a horse show in the morning as a surprise for Nick, who is still obsessed with horses. I can't wait to see his face when he sees all those horses in one place! Then I'm going to cantor at a new parish in the afternoon. It will be my first time cantoring since Sarah was born.

My life is so different now than it was a year ago, and I can't imagine a world without my little girl in it!

2 comments:

Little JoAnn said...

Happy Birthday Sweet One! My baby turns one on Sunday. Love to see pictures.

HereWeGoAJen said...

Happy birthday!

I cannot believe it has been a year.

 

Made by Lena